Robert Downey Jr.
His Last Stand: Iron Man (2008)
Reformed bad boy Downey had pretty much used up all his second chances by the time Jon Favreau took the bold step of tapping him to play Tony Stark in Iron Man — the movie that represented the hopes and dreams of Marvel’s young film division. Failure would not only have exiled Downey from Hollywood for good, it also would have meant more Marvel movies like Fantastic Four and fewer like… well, The Avengers.
Is He Still Standing? Favreau’s gamble paid off big time, as Marvel is now the official King of Comic Book Movies, with Downey serving as its iron-clad prince.
- koh12 likes this
- im-rdj-girl likes this
- imanze likes this
- elongatedpantaloons likes this
- minhosprite likes this
- imjustsingingintherain likes this
- fromtheashess reblogged this from televisionwithoutpity
- wiiukid93 reblogged this from televisionwithoutpity
- wiiukid93 likes this
- my-galaxy-far-far-away likes this
- dglsplsblg likes this
- televisionwithoutpity posted this